In the spring of 2021 I set myself a goal to pitch more publications and get more of my writing out there. Things got in the way, and well, since the summer I have not been doing as much writing as I wanted. Below is a roundup of everything I did submit this year, which is certainly more than 2020. So even though things were cut short, there has been progress.
- Writers in Kyoto:
- Unseen Japan:
- Literary Review of Canada:
- Books on Asia:
- Japan’s Quest for Stability in Southeast Asia: Navigating the Turning Points in Postwar Asia (January)
- Providence Was With Us: How a Japanese Doctor Turned the Afghan Desert Green (March) Also see my visit to his memorial south of Fukuoka.
- The Art of Emptiness (September) A bit of a travel report to accompany the book review.
- Buddhism and Modernity: Sources from Nineteenth-Century Japan (November)
- Places (December)