It’s interesting how a lot of companies try to copy Apple but never seem to get it right. This is yet another example of Apple’s obsessive attention to detail. …
Abstracts and subsequent essays should be philosophically substantial but accessible, written to engage the intelligent lay reader. Contributors of accepted essays will receive an honorarium.
Possible themes and topics might include, but are not limited to, the following:
- “Their dream has become their reality”: Inception and Nozick’s Experience Machine
- “How did you get here?” Can We Tell if We are Dreaming?
- Your Very Own Token: Solving the Skeptical Problem with a Spinning Top
- “They come to be woken up”: If Life is a Dream, Does it Matter?
- Living in Limbo: Convenient Dreams vs. Inconvenient Reality
- Is That Your Idea? A New Kind of Skeptical Problem
- Self, Mind, and Free Will: Could Your Brain be an Inceptor?
- Is the top still spinning? Does an Author’s Intent Matter?
- “An idea is like a virus”: The Power of Ideas
- “Take a leap of faith”: Is it Ever Acceptable to Believe without Evidence?
- “Only a fraction of our brain’s potential”: Separating Myth from Reality
- Penrose Steps: The Possibility of Paradox
- Real Life Inception: The Challenge of Changing People’s Minds
- “Your mind is the scene of the crime”: The Ethics of Inception
- What is a Dream Made Of? The Nature of Mind
- Is Shared Dreaming Possible? The Problem of Neural Interpretation
- Shared Dreaming and the Problem of Other Minds
- The Nature of Free Will: Inception in Frankfurt-style Counterexamples
- Could Cobb be Insane? Demons, Dreamers & Madmen
- The Nature of Time: Time Moves More Slowly, the Further Down You Go
- Populating a Dream with Your Sub-conscious: Split Minds and Personal Identity
…it’s whats inside that counts.
SIDENOTE: For those of you that didn’t know, I moved to Canada 5 days ago, which means I need a new phone. After a few weeks considering an Android device, the combination of the iPhone 4’s screen and camera (with its video capabilities) won me over. Hardware > software this round.
Yo dawg, you saw this coming…